A Target for Veeam Off-site Replication & DR
Veeam is a fantastic product for backing up your important data, holding it in a secure manner and enabling various options for restoration but if this data is held on the same site as your production environment then this could be a risk.
Safe Data Storage are a Silver Veeam ProPartner and as such, we are setup to receive a replica's of your current Veeam backup and store them on our Private UK Cloud ready for failover when needed.
Cloud Connect Replication, with Veeam makes it possible for you to store your data easily, conveniently and automatically with us as your VCC Service Provider. This allows you to protect your critical applications in case of disaster, without building complex secondary infrastructures and without a need to install additional software components.
Veeam recommend that you follow the 3-2-1 rule:
- 3: You must have at least three copies of your data: the original production data and two backups.
- 2: You must use at least two different types of media to store copies of your data, for example, local disk and cloud.
- 1: You must keep at least one backup offsite (for example, in the cloud or in a remote site).
If you are already using Veeam, you can use Veeam Cloud Connect, because it is a part of Veeam Backup & Replication software pack. This means that if you are not using the feature today you do not have to perform any license upgrade for your on-premise equipment.
Each installed instance of Veeam Backup & Replication can use Veeam Cloud Connect for data storage (version 8 supports backup only; and version 9 supports both backup and disaster recovery/replication). If a disaster occurs, you can restart your virtual systems via a Veeam Backup & Replication console or our web interface.
Once you have an account with us, adding us as a Service Provider in your Veeam Software is simple:
- Cloud Connect Tools in Veeam Backup and Replication
- Service Providers / Add Service Provider
- Type in: veeam.safedatastorage.co.uk and Port: 6180
- Type your Safe Data Storage credentials
- Confirm details and your ready
Then, when you have us set up as a Service Provider we are there as an option to your replication task to us. In a few steps you can have the comfort in knowing your data is off site with us and ready for boot:
- Create a new Repication Job
- Add the Objects to Replicate
- Select your Storage Repository that you have with us
- Set the number of Restore Points
- Set your own schedule and of you go.
It is really that easy to setup and configure, so if you'd like to setup a trial accouint, then please let us know.
- No ingress or egress charges
- UK Storage in London and Bournemouth
- UK Support Team
- ISO9001 & ISO 27001
- GDPR Compliant
- CyberEssenticals Plus Certified
Try our services for free on a 30 day trial with no need for any payment infomation. If you like our service then you can sign up to our 30 day rolling contract that gives you the ultimate flexibility for your backups and cloud strategy.
Should you need any help in getting things going, then please do give us a call on 01689 661030 or use our online chat below.